14 oz. ribeye, blackened ribeye, brown butter garlic sauce, Chef Troy Mendoza, Demi Glace, dinner, fresh seafood, Fried Oysters, Grilling, Gulf Coast seafood, Louisiana, Louisiana seafood, lunch, parsley, Seasonall, Spring, steak, The Cabin Restaurant, weekend, White Wine
Chef Troy Mendoza continues to produce innovative recipes here at The Cabin Restaurant. Today’s recipe, a blackened ribeye with a brown butter-garlic sauce and fried oysters, will be served as a lunch and dinner special this weekend. It’s going to be a perfect weekend to grill steaks down here in Louisiana. I hope Spring has sprung wherever you are, too!
Blackened Ribeye w/brown butter-garlic sauce
5 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 oz. demi glace
1 tsp Seasonall
1 tsp fresh parsley
1 oz white wine
3-4 fried oysters
1. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add to grill over medium heat and cook about 6 minutes on each side for a medium-rare steak.
2. To fry the oysters, dip them in egg wash and then seasoned cornmeal. Fry them for 1 solid minute in 3-4 inches of canola oil until they ﬂoat.
– Over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and the chopped garlic to pan. Sauté together for a few minutes to brown the butter.
– After the butter browns, add the demi glace, Seasonall, parsley, and white wine. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently to blend all flavors.
– Add the remaining 4 tbsp of butter and emulsify quickly, about 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and pour over ribeye and oysters. Enjoy!